YouTube and Cannes Lions have created a Channel showcasing briefs from non-profit organisations seeking creative support. Using their global reach, YouTube and Cannes Lions are inviting creatives to submit a one minute video ad addressing one or more of the non-profit briefs.
A jury of industry experts assembled by Cannes Lions and chaired by Craig Davis, Co-Chairman and Chief Creative Officer Publicis Mojo Australia and New Zealand, will shortlist the best video ads and winners will be invited to the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in June to have their work showcased there and enjoy the spotlight.
See the production and sign up now!
How Good Work will work:
- Creatives can today access youtube.com/goodwork where they can view briefs from across the world
- Creatives will have 8 weeks to upload their video ads of 1 minute (or less). The deadline is 23:59 GMT on 9 May 2011
- In May, the best creative work will be shortlisted by a jury of leading creatives assembled by Cannes Lions
- In early June, Craig Davis will review the shortlisted submissions and identify the 5 most ground breaking ads
- The 5 winners will be invited to the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in June 2011 to showcase their talents
- The winners and Craig Davis will participate in the Good Work Seminar at the 58th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity to discuss how creative minds can positively contribute to today’s key social and economic challenges
- The aim is to maintain the momentum well after the Festival and make Good Work an established platform connecting creatives with non-profits
Follow You Tube’s Blog here: http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/
Production Title: You Tube Good Work
Digital Agency: Ralph & Co
Creative Director: Chris Hassell
Producer: Dawn Christy
Producer: Carl Grinter
Colourist: Matt Turner (Resolve)