you're reading...
Events & Screenings, Latest News


Ever wondered where money comes from? Central banks cover about 3% of today’s money, so where does the other 97% come from?

Monday 27 August 7.30 pm
97% Owned at the Tea House Theatre
139 Vauxhall Walk, SE1 5HL
Q&A session after the screening.
Combine this with tea, cake, beer and wine and you will leave informed, full and tipsy!


97% Owned reveals how money is at the root of our current social and economic crisis. Featuring frank interviews and commentary from economists, campaigners and former bankers, it exposes the privatised, debt-based monetary system that gives banks the power to create money, shape the economy, cause crises and push house prices out of reach. Fact-based and clearly explained, in just 60 minutes it shows how the power to create money is the piece of the puzzle that economists were missing when they failed to predict the crisis.

Watch the trailer here.

The film is part of the Positive Money campaign, not-for-profit group working to raise awareness of the connections between our current monetary and banking system and some of the biggest social, economic and environmental challenges that we face today.

Join the Positive Money campaign on Facebook
Follow the Positive Money campaign on Twitter

About Soho Shorts

We celebrate the wealth of talent working across all genres of short format productions. For us that means anything under 45minutes including fiction, factual, animation, music video, and digital content in every degree. Year round Soho Shorts helps curate programme across the UK and internationally. Contact us if you want to team up.


Comments are closed.



%d bloggers like this: